Saturday, February 29, 2020

Play Poster: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING


2016's eighth grade play at the school where my husband was teaching at the time was a production of Much Ado About Nothing set in the 1950s, complete with swing dancing choreographed by a dancer and dance teacher my husband is friends with. My goal was to have a poster that showed all the fun colors of 50s fashions and the movement of swing dancing.



Normally, I sketch out posters by hand, but in this case, I was in such a time crunch that I composed the layout of the poster with the reference images I was going to use. I then sketched it out quickly so I would have a template for when I created the art using Illustrator. Much to my surprise, many people loved this poster. I was surprised because it's not one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment